- DISTRIBUTED DAQ: KRYPTON DAQ modules were designed for distributed measurements to bring data acquisition closer to sensors. This introduces many advantages opposed to traditional DAQ systems. KRYPTON allows distributing DAQ units down to single channel.
- ETHERCAT DAQ: EtherCAT protocol with 100Mb bus speed is used for data transmission, data synchronisation, and power supply. Kryptons are connected with a single cable for data, power, and sync.
- UP TO 100m BETWEEN UNITS: KRYPTON units can be distributed over the large area with the distances up to 100 meters between DAQ nodes.
- RUGGED IP67: All KRYPTON modules are rugged with the IP67 degree of protection and ready for testing in extreme weather and harsh environments.
- 1, 3, 4, 8 and 16 CHANNEL UNITS: KRYPTON DAQ modules are available in various configurations spanning from tiny single channel units up to bigger 16-channel units. Instruments can be distributed down to the single channel.
- UP TO 20 kHz/CH SAMPLING RATE: Most KRYPTON channel in the EtherCAT line can achieve sampling rate up to 20 kS/second.
- UNIVERSAL ANALOG INPUTS: Universal analog inputs are available that can accept voltage and full/half/quarter bridge signals natively as well as IEPE, charge, thermocouples, RTD, current, resistance and LVDT signals with the use of DSI adapters.
- SOFTWARE INCLUDED WITH FREE LIFETIME UPGRADES: Easy to use, yet very robust in functionality, award-winning DEWESoft X3 software is included. The software comes with lifetime free upgrades and no hidden costs, bringing you intuitive configuration, smart sensors, advanced storage and analysis capabilities.
Flexible, Distributed DAQ
KRYPTON are small, rugged and modular data acquisition modules for field measurements and harsh environment.
Traditional DAQ systems are single boxes with many input channels, which means long and expensive sensor cabling is needed.
KRYPTON takes opposite approach. We kept the same advantages of other Dewesoft DAQ devices (plug and play, sensor auto-detection), but we are bringing DAQ units closer to the origin of data – near the sensors.
That greatly reduces the cost of the sensor cabling, chances of wiring errors and greatly improves the signal quality.
KRYPTON DAQ modules are extremely robust. We machine each one out of aluminium bricks and install industrial grade electronics. Units are then sealed with thermally conductive and electrically isolative rubber. As a final touch we add rubber band around KRYPTON chassis to further protect unit from the shocks. The result is IP67 degree of protection. Units are waterproof, shock proof, and can withstand shocks up to 100G.
KRYPTON can operate in extremely harsh environments and is rated to work in temperature span from -40°C to +85°C.
Extensive testing in our laboratories ensure bulletproof quality and worry-free testing under extreme conditions.
KRYPTON data acquisition hardware is capable to acquire different signals like voltage, bridge, IEPE, thermocouple, digital, and more. With included Dewesoft X3 software, you can easily acquire data from additional interfaces like GPS, Flexray, Ethernet, Serial, PCM telemetry, and many more.
Even though each data source can have different sampling rates (software selectable for each channel), all data is always perfectly synchronised down to microsecond accuracy. The synchronisation between KRYPTON modules run through the same cable as power and data.
KRYPTON DAQ modules can also be combined and synchronised with our fast USB DAQ devices like SIRIUS, MINITAURs or DEWE-43A. For this we have small accessory called EtherCAT Sync Junction. This box will provide clock source for synchronisation. External timing source like GPS or IRIG can be connected and used.
Xtemp Head Office
1277 Mike Crawford Ave
Tel: +27 12 683 8889